It is an adjustment done to your ride earnings based on the Actual Kms driven by you in a ride.
Why is upfront fare adjustment done?
Customer’s ride fare is calculated based on the Estimated Kms from pickup to
the drop location at the time of ride booking.
There could be a difference between the Actual Kms driven and the Estimated Kms during the ride if:-
- a different route was taken than the one suggested on the app
- an alternate route was taken to avoid traffic or due to diversion
With upfront fare adjustment, your operator bill will always be calculated based on the Actual Kms.
How do I benefit from upfront fare adjustment?
- You will no longer have any confusion regarding the Kms driven by you.
- You will have more clarity on the operator bill calculation.
- Your ride earnings will not be affected due to the difference between Actual Kms and Estimated Kms.
How is upfront fare adjustment done?
- If the Actual Kms driven are more than the Estimated Kms then the extra Kms fare will be added to your bill as Upfront fare adjustment ( check the image below)
- If the Actual Kms driven are less than the Estimated Kms than the extra Kms fare will be reduced from your bill in Upfront fare adjustment ( check the image below)
- If the Actual Kms driven and the Estimated Kms is same, no
fare adjustment will be made to the bill.
If you would like to know more about upfront fare adjustment, please call Partner Care.